Thursday 19 January 2017

The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success

The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success is one of those books that's always at my bed side.

Of course, I am not qualified to explain The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success to anyone. I am far from mastering these laws. However, I'd like to share how these laws helped me to grow, guided me when I'm in doubt. (I always believe that 真理大同, we have read about these 'laws' from various books and sources but I like how Deepak Chopra makes them systematic, simple and easy to follow if you ever wish to practice.)



1) The Law of Pure Potentiality
The source of all creation is pure consciousness. We are, in our essential state, pure consciousness. When we discover our essential nature and know who we really are, we have the ability to fulfill any dreams we have.

The book mentioned about daily practice of silence, meditation and non-judgment. While all these practices are ways to access the field, at this stage, I benefited the most from practicing non-judgment.
I used to behave as if I am at the center of the universe. I dislike certain experiences, certain things about people, and a lot of things about myself. I got angry, frustrated, disappointed all the time. When I learn to accept, I noticed that most of the experiences are neither good nor bad, they’re just happening. I start to adopt a skeptical attitude about my own thoughts. (Our thoughts often lie to us, and we can feel empowered by choosing not to automatically believe them.)
Don't get me wrong. I am not a saint. I STILL judge a lot! However, as much as I can, as frequent as I can, I will consciously choose to practice non-judgement.


2) The Law of Giving and Receiving
The Universe operates through dynamic exchange. In our willingness to give that which we seek, we keep the abundance of the universe circulating in our lives. The more you give, the more you will receive.

I learn that the gifts of caring, attention, affection, appreciation and love are some of the most precious gifts you can give to everyone you come into contact with. With this, we can begin the process of circulating joy and affluence in life.
I also learn to gratefully receive all the gifts that life has to offer me.


3) The Law of Karma (or Cause and Effect)
"Karma" is both action and the consequence of that action; it is cause and effect. (Just like Newton's Third Law of Motion, every action has an equal and opposite reaction).
If we want to create happiness in our lives, we must learn to sow the seeds of happiness. Therefore, karma implies the action of conscious choice-making. (A lot of us make choices unconsciously, and therefore we don't think they are choices--and yet, they are.) The book taught us that, whenever making a choice, one must ask two questions: “What are the consequences of this choice that I’m making?” and “Will this choice bring fulfillment and happiness to me and also to those who are affected by this choice?”, then ask your own heart for guidance. If the choice feels comfortable, then plunge ahead with abandon. If the choice feels uncomfortable, one need to pause and see the consequences.

I used to argue about why do good things happen to bad people and bad things happen to good people. Having this paradigm, most of the time we may feel completely powerless to change our circumstances.
Now, I understand that's just my circle of concerns and I'd rather focus on my circle of influence (my choices). I love the fact that ultimately this law makes us accountable for our actions and for our own circumstances. Our life doesn't just "happen." Our life is carefully designed by ourselves, choices after choices.
If we want to create happiness in our lives, we must learn to sow the seeds of happiness. Simple.


4) The Law of Least Effort
This law is based on the fact that nature's intelligence functions with effortless ease and abandoned carefreeness. This is the principle of least action, of no resistance. This is, therefore, the principle of harmony and love. When we learn this lesson from nature, we easily fulfill our desires. Ultimately, you come to the state where you do nothing and accomplish everything. This means that there is just a faint idea, and then the manifestation of the idea comes about effortlessly. What is commonly called a "miracle" is actually an expression of the Law of Least Effort. Least effort is expended when your actions are motivated by love, because nature is held together by the energy of love. When you seek power and control over other people, you waste energy. When you seek money or power for the sake of the ego, you spend energy chasing the illusion of happiness instead of enjoying happiness in the moment. When your actions are motivated by love, your energy multiplies and accumulates--and the surplus energy you gather and enjoy can be channeled to create anything that you want, including unlimited wealth. 

I learn that I must commit to acceptance. The whole universe is as it should be. No point to struggle to go against the universe. However, this is not as passive as it sounds because I am responsible for my own situation after I accept the situations and circumstances as it should be. Oh, and most importantly, I no longer have the strong urge to persuade others to accept my point of view.


5) The Law of Intention and Desire
This law is based on the fact that energy and information exist everywhere in nature. The whole universe, in its essential nature, is the movement of energy and information. The only difference between you and a tree is the informational and energy content of your respective bodies. You can consciously change the energy and informational content of your own quantum mechanical body, and therefore influence the energy and informational content of your extended body--your environment, your world--and cause things to manifest in it. The quality of intention on the object of attention will orchestrate an infinity of space-time events to bring about the outcome intended, provided one follows the other spiritual laws of success. Intention lays the groundwork for the effortless, spontaneous, frictionless flow of pure potentiality. The only caution is that you use your intent for the benefit of mankind.

I love this law. I have a long list of all my desires (and not necessary material things), and I can let them stay in the womb of creation, waiting for the right time. Having my full attention in the present moment doesn't mean that my desires do not manifest the future.


6) The Law of Detachment
This law says that in order to acquire anything in the physical universe, you have to relinquish your attachment to it. This doesn't mean you give up the intention to create your desire. You give up your attachment to the result. Detachment is based on the unquestioning belief in the power of your true Self. 

This law free me from worries. When I practice this, I no longer rigidly impose my idea of how things should be. I understand that uncertainty is an essential part of our life. I embrace surprises in life and step into the field of all possibilities. Suddenly, we have an infinity of choices. Fun, adventure, magic, and mystery are waiting at the next corner.


7) The Law of "Dharma" or Purpose in Life
The seventh spiritual law of success is the Law of Dharma. (Dharma is a Sanskrit word that means "purpose in life.") This law says that we have taken manifestation in physical form to fulfill a purpose. You have a unique talent and a unique way of expressing it. There is something that you can do better than anyone else in the whole world--and for every unique talent and unique expression of that talent, there are also unique needs. When these needs are matched with the creative expression of your talent, that is the spark that creates affluence. Expressing your talents to fulfill needs creates unlimited wealth and abundance. There are three components to the Law of Dharma. The first says that each of us is here to discover our true Self. The second component is to express our unique talents; the expression of that talent takes you into timeless awareness. The third component is service to humanity. When you combine the ability to express your unique talent with service to humanity, then you make full use of the Law of Dharma. 

This is the one that I'm lost. I do not know what are my unique talents. (I'm a master of none) The only thing I can do is to always ask “How can I serve?” and “How can I help?”


No comments: