Thursday 13 October 2016

How I Pack for Two Weeks Autumn Trip in One 7-kg-hand-luggage

As I said, my principle is to pack light. For my recent Sydney + New Zealand 13D13N trip, where we visited glacier and all, I packed everything into my 7kg backpack as hand-carry.

I wore the most comfortable yet decent items for the flight: an Airism bra-top, an uv cut cardigan and a lounge pants. The lounge pants is comfortable enough for sleep, and 'normal enough' for me to wear outside. If it gets too warm, I can always remove the cardigan.


To prepare for the weather, I brought a Heattech long sleeve turtle neck, a Heattech leggings, a pair of glove, a pair of fleece socks, a beanie, a light pocketable parka as rain coat, an Ultra Light Down jacket, an Ultra Light Down vest, a scarf and a fleece jacket. (Yes, I packed a bit too much for the weather, but at least they make sure I survived star gazing at Aoraki Mount Cook)
Packed for this: 1 degree C + Strong wind
To keep me warm
The extra layers outside
To shield me from the wind and chill

As usual, I bring Airism and heattech t-shirt because they are light to pack and quick dry. I can use them as inner wear or as normal t-shirt. For this trip, I packed an Airism bra-top, an Airism short sleeve t-shirt, one heattech short sleeve t-shirt and one heattech long sleeve t-shirt.




For sightseeing, I brought a pair of jeans, a pair of leggings, an over-sized t-shirt, and a short sleeve jeans hoodie. blouse, I can match them with the Airism as inner wear, or wear them as it is.




For in-house comfort clothing, I bring two t-shirts, a shorts, and a long pants. 



All that I stated above, I categorized them using compression bags from Daiso.



They all fit well into my 35l backpack, with ample space left for my toiletries, undies, portable pail, sketching & drawing kit etc.


Of course, as usual, I cheated by squeezing my favorite Ultra Light Down jacket into my camera bag, which does not eat up any space of my 7kg-hand-luggage.




See also my Detail Itinerary: Sydney + New Zealand 13D13N

No comments: