Saturday 28 November 2009

Kannichikan (KNK)

I always love Kannichikan (KNK). It's a Japanese style Korean BBQ shop, which means you can have all your simple food grilled in high grade charcoal(^^). Brought my family there several times and my mum's conclusion is, "if you want to buy me Korean dinner in the future, this IS the place" (what an expensive taste!) ;p.

Yesterday, we have a small gathering there and this is the first time I manage to bring my camera along. However, I was so focused on the food, I only managed to take very few photos ;p

Our appetizer is yukke (yukhoe in Korean). Ever since I tried this dish in Korea, I just love it. However, this dish is with raw beef and egg so please don't simply order this dish in Malaysia unless you know the quality of their material. KNK is the only certified restaurant so far (certified by my boss - the guy with the Golden Tounge ;p ).


Coming up next is my favorite BBQ dish - Gyu tan (beef tounge). Most of the Japanese and Korean restaurant serve good gyu-tan but to me KNK serve the best gyu-tan in Penang. Compare to the super-thin-sliced gyu-tan in Miraku, the gyu-tan here is slightly thicker and hence more satisfying(更有咬劲英文怎么说呀?). Go real well with lemon juice.



The pork here is also great! I love the one that marinade with pepper. (I've learnt a trick from my Korean customers from their previous trip to Penang. To have an almost-perfect grill, you can turn your meat maximum twice (professional only turn once). First, place your meat on the grilling pan nicely. Wait until the whole surface get watery then only turn to another side. You will get a nicely grilled meat when this surface turn brownish.)


We orderred two types of wagyu, one is REAL Japanese wagyu while another one is cheong-ted Australian wagyu. (well, actually both are real wagyu lah, but once, when we told our Japanese friend that we ordered "Australian wagyu", his eyes almost pop out! "Wagyuu和牛" means "Japanese Beef", he claimed! So, ok loh, we told him that Australian wagyu is OEM one loh~). The picture below shown only Australian wagyu as I was too busy eating, only 'cin-cai' take some photos of food that put in front of me.


look at the marbling fat


Well, after the wagyu beef is served, I have decided to keep my camera in the beg and be more focused on the food ;p

It's until when the following sake is served, I decided to take out my camera again. So, what is so special about this sake?

See the words that I circled? It means this sake is with edible pure gold flakes inside. And there's 2 of them in each bottle!
Can you see the gold flake in the following photo?
How about this?


Well, after more than hundres tries, I finally managed to get one of the gold flake stick on the bottle. It's a nicely carved golden flower! This can only found in Japanese products~
Well, I have to say, I'm so sorry that I focused more on eating than thinking photos. Nothing much to show here. Next time lah~ Next time I'll take more photos. Hee hee hee.....


How to go to Kannichikan Yakiniku?
~ From gurney drive, keep right. At the traffic light in front of Island Plaza, turn right and immediately to the left where there stand a row of shop lots. Kannichhikan Yakiniku is on the first floor, above the teppanyaki shop.

No comments: