Sunday 18 August 2013

Steak Frites


Steak Frites is the restaurant of Hotel 23 Love Lane. If you don't pay attention when you drive through Love Lane, you are going to miss this humble little restaurant.

I love the interior of this restaurant. Nostalgic-chic. It is more of nostalgic. It reminds me of some old kopitiams that I visited as a kid. The impluvium and stairs somehow bring back some vague memories at my grand-aunt's house.


This restaurant is not as better known as it deserves, most probably because of its extremely simple menu. There are only 2 items listed in the main course menu: 150g of Australian grass-fed tenderloin steak (RM49), or 200g of Australian grass-fed tenderloin steak (RM60). (I'm alone during my first visit because it is just hard to have friends that crave for steak at the same time, especially most of them don't eat beef!)


All main courses come with salad and fries. The salad is served with French dressing. Fresh and simple, had my tongue ready for the fragrant meat. The steak is served with generous dollop of Chef's special butter and basil. Full of flavour and juiciness.
Even the fries are good too!

They have very friendly staffs and the ambiance is very welcoming.

I'll be back! :)

Address: Lorong Love, Georgetown, 10200 George Town, Penang, Malaysia
Phone:+60 4-262 13



pathway to the boutique hotel


Penangites' memories

No comments: