I want to say goodbye to procrastination this year. So when my mum mentioned about having soothing sound of flowing water in our garden, I decided to make it happen, and I did.
It is much easier than I have imagined. I could have done this much earlier.
Items to prepare: a pump, 2 pots, some soil, some plants, some stones and some decorative items
Time needed: 1.5 hours.
1. Get a pot, preferably without holes at the bottom.
2. Get a smaller pot, also preferably without holes at the bottom. Fill up the bigger pot with soil.
3. Plant your preferred plants accordingly, and roughly place stones and wood for the landscaping purposes.
4. Place some decoration items to make it more interesting.
5. Fix your design, fill up the smaller pot with water, use the stones to hold the pump at the desired height (to determine the water flow direction)
Now I have lovely soothing sound of flowing water in my garden too:
Well, actually this project completed only 80%. I am still looking hard for vivid colour flower plants to fill up this pot.
|See I purposely leave a space for this purpose?|